Thursday, March 18, 2010

Purpose & Correction

Forget the Opinion Poll!

One of my readers wrote to me recently to say that the blog was getting like every other opinion piece. Too political, too involved in the details of our world with out adding new information. The reader also pointed out that not enough of me appears in the blog . She says it this way:

"I am not a fan of opinion blogs...I am a HUGE fan of information blogs..of blogs that tell me something I don't know or add information about something I do. I feel like the day of the opinion "position" blog has come and gone. After a while I just get bored with them...and since I am not a joiner I would never share my opinion about how the government is doing with strangers on the web. I share it with my congressmen, senators and even the president whenever I feel like it (you never know and it makes you feel great)..

I feel like when you began you were going to deliver a good news blog...I don't know why I thought that...something you said or my personal perception of you???? Most people are struggling with themselves now...you have a gift of making people feel better and giving them strength and perspective when they need it...I would love a blog that gave me a dose of "ted" every week like I used to get in person...positive points...ways to look a situations with fresh eyes when your old eyes are very tired. Now there's a blog that everyone would want to read.
Every goof can talk politics very few of you can make people's lives better with their words".

Another reader sent along the following perspective:

A READING FROM JEAN VANIER


Happiness is accepting and choosing life, not just submitting grudgingly to it. It comes when we choose to be who we are, to be ourselves, at this present moment of our lives; we choose life as it is, with all its joys, pains, conflicts. Happiness is living and seeking the truth, together with others in community, and assuming responsibility for our lives and the lives of others. It is accepting the fact that we are not infinite, but can enter into a personal relationship with the Infinite, discovering the universal truth and justice that transcends all cultures: each person is unique and sacred.

...

We have chosen to be who we are, with all that is beautiful and broken in us. We do not slip away from life and live in a world of illusions, dreams, or nightmares. We become present to reality and to life so that we are free to live according to our personal conscience, our sacred sanctuary, where love resides within us and we see others as they are in the depth of their being.

We are not letting the light of life within us be crushed, and we are not crushing it in others. On the contrary, all we want is for the light of others to shine.


---from Finding Peace


I totally agree with the readers, forgot my purpose, and will take us in a better direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment