Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I received several thoughtful responses to the blog published this week regarding the Israeli/Palestinian impasse.

The following is from a friend and colleague who is an Israeli by birth and lives there currently. English is his second or third language so I have edited some for clarity.


Dear Ted,

Thank you for forwarding your wonderful blog, also to my attention.

I couldn’t post my comment on the blog, however, will be grateful if you can do so.

Generally speaking – I do agree with the comment of your friend.

As another friend of you, please let me share with you and your follower, also with my view point –

1. As a moral people, we(Israelis) also are not innocent from mistakes. Over the last decades we are suffering from governments that are reluctant to govern. Thus, we should be rather “prĂ©cised”( I think he means tolerant) with our attitude and actions.
2. We must consider the “Arab Spring” where dictatorship collapsed and an interim era begins. No one can predict what shall be in Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and, even in Jordan (collection of tribes where the Palestinian are the majority…..). My guess is many years to come with chaos with the risk the extremists shall take control. Hence, the Youngsters that dreamed for a sort of open societies might forget about it.
3. Recently, Turkey had realized that they have a great chance to reestablish the ‘Othman Empire’. That’s how come the hug of the Arab countries (especially Egypt). Where are the European Countries on that matter? –
4. Reminder – there are about 6 Million Turkish in Germany, only…
5. Europe – demonstrating its “Double-Standard” policy. Looks at the Brits where the “multi-Coulture” seems to fail… Scandinavia – where the Muslims immigrants abuse the welfare-state .....France – where the North Africans are spoiling the language….
6. USA – it became (again) that the existing Administration has no “Foreign Policy”….. Above all, the first and immediate to be harmed are the Interests of America.
7. As a Jew I’m not willing to control other people rights to live in peace and freedom. My only question is – whether we have a “partner” for our wishes.

Shana Tova to you All,

No comments:

Post a Comment