Thursday, August 27, 2009

Home

We left Slovakia on Sunday morning and blessed our GPS device all the way to Vienna, an hour and a half drive. If you want to know about stress free driving especially in a foreign country, try the GPS. We call our voice navigator Richard. He took us out of the driveway in Smolenice, turn by turn,into the rental car parking lot in the Vienna airport. Greatest invention since the computer.

On Saturday, the village held its annual fair complete with food, music, folk art, crafts and camaraderie. Most of the village turns out as well as people from surrounding villages and the capital, Bratislava(about 45 minutes drive).In the evening there was an out side concert on the grounds of the Palffy castle open to all and free of charge. I have video that I will include later on.

I have gotten into Christopher Moore novels that are hysterical. Having read Lamb, I was reading Fool on the plane. I had to stop reading because I was actually laughing out loud uncontrollably. Get these two to start with and just relax into his preposterous set ups.

I will take some time to reflect on the trip and share some insights in future posts. Meantime, think about a visit to this part of the world. Unspoiled, unused and friendly. The house in the village can be a jump off to all of central and eastern Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment